PE and Sport Premium
School Sports Premium 2021/22
During the school year of 2021-2022, the school has received £17,950 to improve the quality of sport and PE provision.
The Intent of our PE Curriculum
At The Heys Primary School, our intent is to give every child a broad and balanced PE curriculum to ensure children attain optimum physical and emotional development and good health. We want the children to love PE and have the self-motivation, confidence and ambition to continue their physical education as they grow older. To achieve this goal, we will provide our children with high quality PE lessons which will improve sporting skills, wellbeing and fitness. Our curriculum aims to provide pupils with the opportunity to be creative, competitive and face up to different challenges as individuals and in groups and teams, building on their resilience and self-motivation.
These are the 5 key indicators that we expect to see improvement across through the use of the PE and sport premium funding:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.